Robert Pattinson 'became an actor for girls'

Robert Pattinson has confessed that part of the reason why he decided to become an actor was so that he could meet women.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn star, who is dating Kristen Stewart, said that he used to think acting was "pretentious".

He explained: "I suppose it was a variety of things - the pretty girls? There was a theatre around the corner from my house. I guess it was something I always wanted to do, but I thought it was pretty pretentious. I didn't mind the kids that were acting at school but I wanted to do it secretly outside the school."

He told The Sun: "I just liked the environment. I worked backstage for about three years and just watched everything and then I did a couple of plays and I got an agent from one of the plays, totally randomly."

The 24-year-old, who can currently be seen starring opposite Reese Witherspoon in new romantic movie Water for Elephants, also admitted that he loved working with all the animals on set.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive