Jane Seymour "misquoted" over Schwarzenegger

Jane Seymour has claimed that the press distorted her recent comments about Arnold Schwarzenegger's admission of infidelity.

The James Bond actress appeared to suggest that she had first-hand knowledge of other children Schwarzenegger fathered out of wedlock during an interview with CNN.

"He was obviously jumping the gun before everyone else told the world the news. And from what I gather there will be lots of information coming people's way," she said at the time. "I heard about two more children. I met someone who knows him well."

Seymour has now insisted that she was misquoted by the news agency and never meant to imply that she had direct information about Schwarzenegger and wife Maria Shriver's marriage.

"I was highly and purposely misquoted by the press," she told TheWrap. "It pains me enormously."

Seymour explained that she'd simply seen reports in the media alleging that Schwarzenegger possibly fathered other children outside his marriage.

The former Doctor Quinn: Medicine Woman star went on to express sorrow that her comments could have added to Shriver's emotional trauma.

"I obviously said the wrong thing... I feel terribly sorry for Maria and the kids. It must be incredibly hard, particularly for the children," Seymour lamented. "In retrospect, going down that press line, I should have just shut my mouth and said nothing."

Shriver could begin divorce proceedings as early as this week, it has been reported.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive