Bollywood dancer lies about royal wedding

Bollywood choreographer Sandip Soparrkar has said that his planned dance performance at the royal wedding has been scrapped due to a knee injury.

The Indian dancer, who had earlier gone on record to say that he would be performing at the reception, has now been accused of inventing the whole episode.

Soparrkar told The Times of India: "I was invited in January by James Kidner, assistant private secretary to HRH The Prince of Wales.

"It was a private ceremony, so I wasn't allowed to give out any details. I was also going to have a small bash in Mumbai before leaving for London, where actress Kangna Ranaut was to unveil the royal invitation that I had received."

Brushing aside reports that palace officials claim not to know anything about the Bollywood dance, Soparrkar stated: "Why would I waste my money on all this, if I were to call it off at the last minute? Am I not worried about my reputation?"

The performer earlier claimed to have dated Britney Spears, and given advice to Madonna about adopting an Indian baby.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive